Vitamin C peeling
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is essential for collagen production. It can also be used for various pigmentation problems, rosacea and scars.
A peeling consists of different types of ingredients (acids), each with specific properties that penetrate to a certain skin layer. The peeling causes the top layer of skin to soften. This activates the skin renewal process, causing the dead skin cells to flake off and be replaced by new, healthy skin cells. After the peeling, the condition and resistance of the skin is improved, which is visible in a fresh and radiant skin.
At Huid & Laser Utrecht, the skin can be treated with various medium deep to deep peels. These peels differ in strength, depth and effect, so that different indications can be treated. For example, there are peels for reducing acne, acne scars, pigmentation spots, melasma, fine lines and a coarse skin texture. Peelings can be used as a stand-alone treatment, but often the best results are achieved when combined with light and laser treatments. During the consultation, the skin therapist assesses which peeling is suitable for you.
Why Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is important in our diet, but certainly no less important in skin care products, but why?
UVA and UVB rays thicken the epidermis during the summer months and activate the pigment cells to produce pigment. It is an antioxidant and helps protect the skin against UV rays to prevent damage to the skin as much as possible. In addition, it also protects the skin against infrared radiation (i.e. against heat), visible light and air pollution. In addition to protecting the skin, it is an essential ingredient that is needed in the production of collagen to strengthen the skin. Vitamin C can also reduce pigmentation, acne and rosacea. In a peeling, the percentage of vitamin C can be higher than in skin care products.
Just the benefits of vitamin C among each other:
- Vitamin C promotes the production of collagen. This is the building block of skin and maintains the firmness and elasticity of the skin, so that wrinkles are less visible.
- Stimulation of cell renewal through the high concentration of 70% stabilized vitamin C.
- Vitamin C repairs damaged skin by stimulating the skin’s healing process.
- Vitamin C eliminates the free radicals in the skin that break down the collagen in the skin. It also provides protection against infrared and external external influences such as air pollution. These external influences cause oxidative stress in the cells, whereby free radicals are released that can cause skin damage.
- A high concentration of vitamin C provides a light exfoliation of the skin, which stimulates the renewal process. A beautiful radiant glow is visible.
- Strengthens the skin against sun damage. The production of melanin (pigment) is suppressed by vitamin C, which can prevent pigmentation.
During the Theraderm Vitamin C-Peel, 70% Vitamin C is applied to the skin. It can also be channeled through microneedling. The vitamin C peel is made by mixing a powder with a liquid that activates the vitamin C. After this, a calming mask is applied. This treatment is recommended for the suppression of pigmentation in melasma and skin aging, but also as a Glow treatment.
- Healthy blood flow to the skin
- A nice glow
- Good hydration of the skin
- The skin can better protect itself against UV damage
- The skin looks plumper and smoother
What makes this peeling special is that the Vitamin C peel can be used throughout the summer.